• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so when i put my tow hooks on i disconnected the vacum line that goes into the ballon in the bumper. no problems never reconnected it.

the other day was mudding, and well got water in the intake and dist. run fine after cleaning it out.

question is, would having that vacum line dangling, if it got mud or water in it, would it make the xj sound like a diesel?? some would call it boggin

just trying to figure out my problem. what is the importance of that line anyways??

As far as i know that vacume ball is only for the defrost/ heater operations, however it's pulling vacume from the intake so if it has enough pressure to pull water or mud all the way through the line into the intake then theres a good chance that it got into your intake and your cylinders etc. But i don't know why that would make it sound like a diesel.

another spot i noticed, theres a type of line running from top back of heads came loose. it runs to the intake i believe or somewhere near. if that is broken, could be problem too?? will take pics after class to show more specific area

ok, i believe the hose going from the intake to the valve cover is a vacum line as well. The end that connects to the valve cover broke off, duck tapped it back in, but came out yesterday when i started having trouble. Anyone know where i can get a new one.

It's the hose that goes from side of intake to the top of the valve cover. Connects to the valve cover w/ a l type connection that goes into the valve cover.

Back