• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone know if these are available seperate?

xj_mike

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ Classic and one of my complaints has been the lack of map pockets on the front doors. I just assumed Jeep never put any on until today when I ran across a picture of a Limited door panel.

doorpanel.JPG

As you can see they did offer map pockets in the Limited but I want to know if these are just screwed into the normal door panel or if they were attached in a non removable manner (like molded in)? I really want to add these to mine so I need to know if I can put them onto my panels or if I have to swap the whole panel. Anyone know where I might buy these? Tried Google but no luck narrowing down to them.

Thanks!!! :D

scottmcneal said:
sorry can't help, mine came with them, it's a 89..try team cherokee.com

Yeah, I had run across them during my Google search but they did not have anything. Since these need to be ones from a '97-'01, I need someone who has one of those years to tell me how they are mounted (unless someone knows for sure). I'm really hoping they can be added.

xj_mike said:
Thanks for the info. If nothing else can come up with the factory ones I will go this route.

For Jeep914x4, remember, my 2000 HAS cup holders... :D

rub it in... rub it in....haha :looney:

xj_mike said:
As you can see they did offer map pockets in the Limited but I want to know if these are just screwed into the normal door panel or if they were attached in a non removable manner (like molded in)?

Been a while since I took my door skins off, but from what I remember they're held in place with plastic pop-studs via holes moulded in the door skin. Assuming you could find a pair of the pockets, you could probably just drill the holes in your existing skins and snap the pockets on. One thing I'll add about them: overstuff them and the studs will break. I've got a couple I need to re-glue.

Anyone know where I might buy these? Tried Google but no luck narrowing down to them.

Try allchryslerparts.com - don't know if they were ever available as a separate part, but you may be able to find them from their drill-down.

Thanks casm for the info. Checked allchryslerpart.com and though the map pockets are not available seperate, they do list the whole door panel with pocket available. Starting price... $275 and up! :wow:

Those aftermarket ones are looking much better at $13 each.

Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like I will go with the aftermarket ones.

the ones pictured in the first photo (5 weeks ago) were molded into the door panel, so it's not something that can be added. the addon things from JCWhitney look cool, but for the price I imagine that you get what you pay for.

Well the ones I have are not molded in. 5 screws later and each one was out. They were screwed in through the door panel back to the pocket if you want I can post pics. These were pulled again from a 95 Limited:banghead:

Back