• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the heck is this between the visors???

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. I put a BB on a buddies XJ last week. Its a 94 with 140k. 4.0 auto. Beautiful jeep. Probably the cleanest Ive ever seen. Everything is original. Everything works perfect (windows, locks, all accesories).

Inside, between the visors, is this weird thing. Cant figure out what it is. And it looks factory. Doesnt do anything that I can tell, and the owner doesnt know what it is.

Is this for keyless entry or something???

S6001508.jpg

Some sort of IR reciever??

Just curious...

Justin

dude! someone posts this pic and question at least twice a week. don't believe the guys that say keyless entry. that would be too obvious. it's a tiny camera so that other people can watch what you are doing in your vehicle on their t.v.'s. think "truman show" with jim carrey but your show is boring :) just playing.......it's the government watching your every move.....

Hello, we're the Government, we're here to help..............

Haha... damn spies... And here I thought it was only the Major League Baseball satellites doing all the spying on us... lol.

I did a quick search, and I had an 87 with this thing..

IMG_0041.jpg

...which I knew was for keyless entry. Just never saw the one like I posted. Couldnt find any pics of it...but after looking again someone did describe it...I think they used the desc. "eye in the sky".

J.

ah yes, major league baseball. that was a good episode :) i'm thinking on your second pic, the plastic cover is missing. otherwise that looks pretty ghetto....

I thought the title said," What the hell is this between my legs????"

hahaha

cstilesiscool said:
ah yes, major league baseball. that was a good episode :) i'm thinking on your second pic, the plastic cover is missing. otherwise that looks pretty ghetto....

Yeah..thats a pic I found when I did a search for "thing between visors" haha. In my 87, it had the smoked plastic cover.

ricot83 said:
I thought the title said," What the hell is this between my legs????"

Haha...you know, now that I came back to look at the thread, and saw the title in the list, at first glance thats what my brain turned it into too! I dont need any help with that though...any questions I have about that I just send the girlfriend down to inspect and report back. haha.

Huh... Well I was going to go post some pics of the jeep and before and after lift pics...but I guess I gotta pay and become a supporter first... guess its been a little while since I tried to post in the picture forum.

Last edited:
Dude I have an over head console in my 92 and I found some sorta thingy like that that looks like a camera. me and my brother came up with the theory that we are just pawns/characters in some sort of reality tv show. "what would you do witha jeep cherokee for $300? we put these two guys in one jeep to see just what mayhem would insue..." hey, ya never know...:eek:

Back