• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RELAY LOCATIONS ON 89 LIMITED 4.0

opie1

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a schematic or diagram of relay locations and uses for a 89 limited 4.0! Any help would be appreciated

This is what my 90 Laredo looks like. Hope it helps. Not necessarily colored, under "relay center" cover.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/chasdwitt/2426393_11_full.gif

2426393_11_full.gif

Also there is one behind the drivers side Head lamp

I've been too lazy to look-- what is the relay on the driver's inner fender (next to the fuel pump ballast) opperating? I'm sure I can figure it out, but if someonje wants to gimme a clue, I'd appreciate it!

--Shorty

Speaking of relays, the power latch serves two purposes correct?
Allow ECU to write any Keep Alive Memory data, and allow Idle Air Controller to reset.
Anyone who knows for sure?
My IAC sticks when hot, (high idle) and if I turn off, then to run, off, and start again idle calms down.

And Thanks Langer for the fog relay answer. I never asked in this forum, but when I first got my XJ, the wiring behind grill toward drivers side was fused together by improper fusing of aftermarket fogs. What a mess! The relay in question had many burned contacts in the plug. I just removed the fogs after repairs.

Just read back up through a couple posts - the relay I considered fog is very low near airbox front.
Near the ballast resistor is EGR relay isn't it?
And electric fan relay is somehow part of AC I believe. after that temp switch in rad is used for temp related cooling.

sorry all for so off-topic..

Last edited:
langer1 said:
To busy to read also? I just said, it the fog lamp relay.

not to busy- I just didn't realize that "behind the headlamp" included everything back to the firewall-- oh, and does not have fog lamps. Aside from those exceptions, I can see where I should have assumed that the relay thats not really behind the headlamp that would control something I don't have would be the same one-- my bad

--Shorty

Back