• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need info on flywheel swap????

FiXnDaily336

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone I just swapped a 93 4.0l to 90 4.0l,I swap everything over except the flywheel....I know when you convert the 2 motors you must change everthing over and I have done all that...I'm ready to get the motor and tranny back in to see how it runs,but my ? is that when I take the flywheels off to swap them is there any markings or special postion that it should be in......Like I say I swapped intake,injectors,sensors,the whole 9 from my old 93 motor to my good 90 motor....I was about to run the 90 flywheel instead of changing it but I been hearing that the 93 cps wont work with the 90 flywheel...well thanks for checking this out to those that read it and if anyones got any info or suggestion let me know i'll be back n forth to the garage all day....Thanks and if theres anything I can do to help anyone else out just let me know....

IIRC you need to run the flywheel that goes with the ECU. The block doesnt care what is bolted to it but the ECU must have the correct signal.
Wayne

Indexing is accomplished due to the fact that the bolts are not exactly symetrical. In other words, if you get the bolts in, it is indexed.

I can't remember, but there was a pilot bearing inside diameter that changed somewhere along the line. Look and make sure they are the same size before you install the flywheel.

Hey guys thanks for the info,yeah my ecu is a 93 and now I need to put the 93 flywheel/flexplate on my 90 motor and I believe that will complete the swap.?.?..Again if theres any advice or info I should need please let me know asap..Thanks!!!

Back