• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced leafs on 90 XJ - am I the first that didn't.....?

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
....break any bolts or nutserts? :)

Actually I only got one side done last night. those bolts were tough to break loose, but once done, they came out ok.

I've been running a rusty's 6.5" long arm setup up front and a bastard pack with 3"block in the back over the summer.
I had bought some new lift springs and longer shackles -can't remember exactly what I got now....LOL!...but I think it was BDS 5" springs and 1" greasable shackles, and started installing yesterday.

With one side done and the tire back on and on the ground I have exactly 24" from axle centre to the bottom of the flare. I understand that 17.5" is stock so that gives me...ummm.....take away....carry the 1......oh! 6.5" lift :)

Going to do the other side tonight - these things always take longer than expected, don't they?

I know I was getting some axle wrap with the blocks and a bit of funky handling sometimes (I have an LSD 8.8 and under accelration on a corner it felt a bit odd sometimes. I am wondering what I should expect with getting rid of the blocks, but adding the longer shackles. I guess I will find out soon!

You just JINX'D yourself!!!

D'OH!!!!

Actually I'm not too worried about it - this XJ is in really good overall condition - spent most of its life in Vancouver, BC and has virtually no rust. Most of the undercarriage is still very well encapsulated in undercoating.

But if i do snap one now.....I'll know why....arrogance :(

Back