• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which distributor cap for '96

greenlawnjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Searched and couldn't find. It appears the '96 could take either the Standard # FD169 or the FD177. Anyone know the difference?

Take a look at your rotor button. Ask the man to bring the rotor buttons for each cap, ask which rotor button goes with which cap. Buy cap and rotor.

That won't work, because although there are 2 different distributors with different rotors, the same cap will work with both.

If you buy a factory Mopar distributor cap, it will come with both rotors. Use the one you need and toss the other.

I would make a semi-educated guess and say the 177. The 169 (almost $40) is more than twice the price of the 177. I used to have a 96, and the cap didn't cost no $40.

Well, I was putting together an order with "Rock Auto" and figured I pick one up. I didn't have the vehicle at hand and couldn't determine either the distributor # and/or the type of rotor. That being the case and wanting to get the order in - I forgoed ordering the cap. When I get one, I guess I'll get it at one of the local theives. Thanks.

Back