• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size rims

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I have a bent rim they are cheap 15x7 A/R black steel. On all my other rigs I have run wider rims With which seems like more backspacing. I want up-grade from 31x10.50 to a 32x11.50 What size rims and backspacing are best on the cherokee It is a 97 with 3in in the front and 4in in the back and little trimming front and rear.

I'm not exactly sure what backspacing my 15x8 rim is, but I think it's 4.75" or thereabouts. My 15x7 rims are 4.5" backspaced. Both work fine with 32x11.50x15 tires IMO.

I'm with Tom. Stick to an 8" wide rim with 4.5" to 4.75" backspacing. That is the ideal rim setup for most XJ's.

I was looking at the crager soft 8 15x8 are they any good and is there a big differance between the crager and the pro comp series 97. The crager shows an offset in mm what is the offset. The next question is the rear spacing there is 4 and 4 3/4 I take it the 4 3/4 will stick out of the wells a little more is this true

i have the crager soft 8's in a 15x8 4"backspacing with a 31x10.50 and couldnt be happier, i love the extra width it gave me over the stockers.
mike

Back