• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble code 45?

ABN146

NAXJA Forum User
I did the key trick and got codes 24, 45, and 42.

I find codes 24 and 42 in my FSM but no 45.

Anyone know what 45 is?

Not sure what year your XJ is, but it could be
Trans temperature/ Governor pressure voltage out of range. Less than 1.55 or above 3.73volts for temperature and less than .1 or above 4.89 volts. Trans temp. to high or low. OD switch input too low for more than 5 mins.
or just go here http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoECUcodes.htm

Its a 97 XJ 4.0

Thanks!

Now... What does this mean?

What could be causing this problem? What specific part or sensor do I focus on?

According to the above link there is no code 45 for your year vehicle. You could either be reading it wrong or maybe its a code 55 which is what it should read at the end.

K9Cop said:
According to the above link there is no code 45 for your year vehicle. You could either be reading it wrong or maybe its a code 55 which is what it should read at the end.

This is exactly what I thought. I pulled the codes a second time and still I got 45...

This is what I got

12, 24, 45, 42 and 55....

In the last week I've changed out the water pump, t-stat and radiator. I then drove about 4 hrs over a moutain road very slowly. It ran very hot and I'm guessing that the transmission got pretty hot also and that may be why I got this code.

Back