• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control question

Timster

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, im kinda new to the site but I have done a lot of searching for information on installing cruise control in my 01 xj. I know I can buy the kit from Jeepsareus.com and I know I can get all the parts from the junk yard. From what I've read it seems really easy. My dad has an 2000 wrangler with cruise control and he never uses it, he doesnt even want cruise control so he said if i could make it work in my xj im more than welcome to take it off his wrangler. My question is, does the Cherokee's and the Wranglers share the same parts? The steering wheels are identical, so the switches wont be a problem. but the rest of the components under the hood im not sure about. im sure the mounting brackets wont be the same, but what about the wiring? And is the wiring already there on my cherokee, i havent seen any extra wires under the hood?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

LOL Very New! Welcome! I had a wrangler once upon a time with factory Cruise and if i remember correctly the brackets looked similar... not a 100 percent sure anyways... sorry

Back