• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic cover in between the sunvisor

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I had opened this up today Thinking it might have the wires to hook up the overhead console from the limited. When I opened it there is a computer chip with wires that go into the head liner what the hell is this and is it still possible to hook up a overhead console if I can get my hands on it.:eek:

its most likely part of the remote entry system. to connect an overhead console, you need the wiring harness that goes down the passenger side A-pillar as well. there is a bundle of wires inside the kick panel that connect to it.

Speaking of which- does anyone have a picture of the plug that should be hanging out of the headliner for the Overhead console for a 93? I have a small flat plug wiht about 5 or 6 wires and a hole in my headliner... It wasnt there when i got it... I'm assuming it is only the Keyless entry chip plug, since judging by the headliner it never had the full console- I want to add the full console... I'm pretty sure ill also need the harness all the way to the kick panel... Should it be a plug and play kinda thing...

If I can find one in a junk yard should I get th wires to and will there be a spot for the keyless entry system in there or do ihave to move it to another spot. Also the wires in the a-pillar is it easy enough to tell what wires I need.

what i did when i ghrabbed my console (not in yet, so i don't have any install advice yet) was remove the thing from the jeep, and chase the wires thorugh the headliner. someone had already been nice enough to slash a decent amount of the liner out, so it wasn't too hard. remove the A-pillar trim piece (2 screws and some pulling) and grab every wire that runs through there (pretty sure its all in one bundle). all the plugs are just insdie the knee strike panel (lower dash). pull that off and you should be able to unplug everything and be good to go.

Back