• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6000 to much for my xj?

2000xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm thinking of selling my xj for school and i'm just trying to get an idea of what i can get for it.

2000 4x4, 150,000 miles,8.25 rear end, rustys 3" lift, lebaron vents, viair oba, warn & procomp lights, ajs winch bumper, nates rear bumper, moab rims and 31" mtr's, clarion head unit, crossfire components, jbl amp for highs, crossfire 1000 amp for two kicker l5 10's,
and cut the front fenders and raised flare's

i'm not gonna sell it if i cant get 6k and i'm not completely sure i want to sell it, just tossing the idea around.

I'd say 6K was fair. When can i pick it up? I'm not sure if that going to be enough airhose tho... I might have to hold off because of that. I'm assuming its I6 auto?

Edit: Duh! I see the shifter now!

Last edited:
decent starting price, great deal if it had less miles.

Sounds pretty high to me. I just bought a 95 sport with same miles for 1 grand. No rust. 5 grand will buy me a whole lot of equipment to bolt on it.
just my 2 cents.
Good luck

The one thing I have noticed is that on this forum as well as others, jeeps are not worth as much. We buy them to modify them and wheel them, therefore we dont wanna spend alot of money. We also have a knack to "run into " that smokin deal where the average consumer does not.
I would do a KBB value on it to see what it is worth there and price it accordingly. I recently bought a 01 4 door completely stock for 7k with 96k on it, and Istill feel like I got a decent deal on it.
But I will NEVER pay more than 1200 - 1500 for a trail rig that I am going to beat on the rocks.

Try to sell it through auto trader or craigslist and see what you get.

Good luck

LATA

yeah 6k is a good starting place and it does have a lot of extras but expect to get at best 5k to 5.5k - i know its sad to think about but its the nature with modified rigs - you usually unless it is in show quality condition or built by someone famous - get less out of it than you put in

good luck and clean lookin rig

Back