• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my celing of my xj is becoming very droopy!!

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
the cloth celing of my jeep has become very droopy..mainly in cold weather..and im not sure the best way to fix it?

should i just staple it in a few places or is there a better solution?

THANKS

They actually make a headliner adhesive spray, it works pretty good from what I've been told....3M makes one, and there's another one called Heads-Up or something like that.....

I think there are several threads about this with step by step instructions on how to replace it. There are about a hundred different options on material. It is really a fun and easy job.

mcnamaag said:
I think there are several threads about this with step by step instructions on how to replace it. There are about a hundred different options on material. It is really a fun and easy job.
Yeah and when you decide to search or go get material it is called a "headliner" FYI.

The M spray adhesive is like $25 at oreillys.They make a few different kinds so get the right one.The fabric shop like hancock fabrics carries headliner material and it will be about $25 for what you need.Remove the headliner from the jeep but be careful because the plastic moldings can be brittle.Discard the old fabric,scrub down delicately with a scotchbrite pad.Let dry,spray board,roll on new material,cut dome light wholes and put back in rig.Fun afternoon project.

Back