• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent carpet question

98xjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I flooded my jeep yesterday and stripped the carpet out and seperated it from the padding under it. I got a roll of padding that i have to cut out but the old padded is stretched and torn from trying to clean it so i am having to lay it in the jeep and cut it around the shifters and stuff. Are there certain spots where i have to have the padding to keep the carpet form getting to hot or should i cut the padding out around the spaots that will get hot? also do i need that plastic wrapped insulation? I dont know where it went.

98xjjeeper said:
I flooded my jeep yesterday and stripped the carpet out and seperated it from the padding under it. I got a roll of padding that i have to cut out but the old padded is stretched and torn from trying to clean it so i am having to lay it in the jeep and cut it around the shifters and stuff. Are there certain spots where i have to have the padding to keep the carpet form getting to hot or should i cut the padding out around the spaots that will get hot? also do i need that plastic wrapped insulation? I dont know where it went.
Don't worry too much about doubling up anywhere and throw that plastic wrapped cotton shat as far away as you can, that only holds the moisture in and causes rot.

Seriously, if it's your nice DD.....get all new carpet and underlayment, you will never get the mud out and you will have mold and mildew problems forever if you try to clean and reuse the carpet....don't ask how I know this:(

Back