• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMAZING: Dealer part cost.....

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well..........I have the seats pulled out to install insulation and carpet over the Herc. done by the PO.... Noted that the plastic support bracket that holds the heating/cooling duct at the rear, under the console, is missing one of the three support legs, soooooo.....I thought it might be easier to just purchase on from the dealer than fuss with making a bracket....

Unbelievable, 85$ for a $15. plastic part.....!!

Anyone have one lying around, that will fit a '99, that they wish to liberate??

Try this site for a dealer that willl be better priced than your local guy. If you want a new part try www.allchryslerparts.com they have done well by me in the past when I wanted an OEM part.

Want some real fun? Call the dealer parts counter and ask for a AW-4 oil pan. Better call from the bathroom, 'caus you're gonna s**t!

hOW MUCH ON THE AW4 OIL PAN? Are there aftermarket pans?

I ended up making a very-suitable bracket out of aluminum.... Stronger than the original. Just get some 1/8", or even thinner such as .010, Al sheet, and make a template, cut, bend, drill and.....

IIRC, my bracket was supplemental-to the intact section of the original, though. Just a bit more time, and fuss, to make a full replacement, though, and a fair-bit cheaper.

Wish you well.....

I priced new upper control arm bolts and nuts at my local Jeep dealer....

$25 for the bolts.... EACH not including the nuts they were $5 each

:scared:

I went to the parts counter on Friday to buy some of these (one of mine was siezed in the bushing pretty good). They had zero stock on any of the bolts or nuts... I thought it was bad luck but I guess it was GOOD luck! $120 for nuts and bolts??!

What did you end up using?

I priced a 32 tooth speedo gear at the local dealer because the last time I got one it was 20 bucks. This time the parts guy says that will be $94.02. I found one on the was for 62 bucks to my door.

The axle end trackbar nut (the one with the flag on it) is $17.00 at the dealer.

$2 for as many as you want from the junkyard.

and the overprice that the dealer do, which probably is why they're in such a troubled spot as no body buying things at there as @ NAPA, advance auto, etc sell at reasonable price and more well known for correctly priced and the dealer's known for over price! lol

Back