• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Probs installing extended front brake lines

TheMessenJah

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished up a 3.5" Rubicon lift and im putting extended front lines on the front. But when i tighten down the bolt that holds the hose into the caliper then attempt to bleed them, i get a substantial leak on both sides when theres pressure put on them from the pedal.

I bought new brass washers for each side of the bolt (the one looked a little torn up), still didnt fix the leak. It appeared, though, that the end of the hose on the new rubicon lines is made to slide into the little indentation on the caliper. However, when it is notched into place the bolt hole does not line up. So i took my trusty sawzall and hacked away at that little indentation and made the whole surface flat so the end of the hose would fit flush against the caliper. Still didnt fix the leak.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like this with the extended rubicon brake lines? Any ideas?

The hose should be placed, so that it is up and away from the caliper.
Like this:

is.php

If it is, then you shouldn't have needed to remove it (with a sawzall).
The banjo bolt must have a crack in it.

wow im an idiot. Thanks for that pic. I was attempting to place the fitting horizontally instead of vertically. It was deceiving because horizontally it slides right up against that notch, but the bolt doesnt line up.

2 new calipers and $40 later its fixed...

Back