• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Touristy stuff...

None....
I was thinking, since I have ran most the trails in Moab, that it would be cool to get a few people together to do a river rafting trip.

Any thoughts on this?

Derek, do you have any buddies that guide, or recommend a place?

Also was thinking of going to Arches and a few other places that I should have seen by now.

Anyone care to join me?

Last edited:
0313 said:
that it would be cool to get a few people together to do a river rafting trip.
Anyone care to join me?

Dude, One of my old Sushi Chefs (Alex Borichevski(sp))is now one of the guides, for I believe Sherrie Griffeth or Griffin, whatever.. I'll try and get his contact info from your old buddy Shawnathon and see what we could do, cause I'm up for a day raft trip..

Anybody bringing their moutain bike? I here there is a few nice loops in Moab. Maybe they are close enough to hit after Jeeping?

Stumpalump said:
Anybody bringing their moutain bike? I here there is a few nice loops in Moab. Maybe they are close enough to hit after Jeeping?
You hear there is a few nice loops in Moab???

Haha thats like "hearing" that the space shuttle makes a little HP

I don't have a bike but I know several in our chapter who take their bikes with them quite often.

0313 said:
I was thinking, since I have ran most the trails in Moab, that it would be cool to get a few people together to do a river rafting trip.

Any thoughts on this?

Derek, do you have any buddies that guide, or recommend a place?

Also was thinking of going to Arches and a few other places that I should have seen by now.

Anyone care to join me?
actually i do know someone who guides but i know a few that i go rafting and kayaking with that have their own rafts and kayaks and such maybe they'll wanna do a trip down the river.

0313 said:

Anyone care to join me?

Would I have to take my shirt off? I don't want pictures of my man boobs floating around the internet. :D

I was actually heading up a couple days early just to take the kids on a rafting trip and to Arches. I’ll hold out until everyone gets there if we’re going to make it a NAXJA get together.

Well I got an email back from a rafting place.

Its $142 for westwater canyon, thats the one with most rapids, its also a permit use area. They need to know well in advance. Its all day, including lunch....class 3 and 4 rapids.

The fisher towers trip is more lazy day and its $55 a person...class 2 and some 3 rapids.

Feedback?
I would like the westwater canyon one. But whatever more people want goes I guess.

XJumpmaster said:
That sounds cool, but I plan on wheelin every day that I'm down there so that I can learn the trails better so I can help lead trails next year.
You will need to know that stuff as President of the local chapter. :D

we did a raft trip last year... half day down the colorado... i forget the put in but the take out was sandy beach i believe... river is pretty low in october and rapids were no where to be seen... very leisurely float... i would be that anything with some whitewater would be a good drive out of moab...

XJumpmaster said:
That sounds cool, but I plan on wheelin every day that I'm down there so that I can learn the trails better so I can help lead trails next year.

Ok, hey thanks for letting us know you dont want to.
Just for the furture, if you have nothing to contribute but a wasted space post, dont post.

Ya jackass. :D

Now I am going to have to whoop your ass, in front of your prego wife.

Back