• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iluminated Entry question

JeepArg.

NAXJA Forum User
After a service at the dealership for a non working alarm system, I noticed that the interior and courtesy lights were not working. I took the manual and followed the steps and found that the relay was not in place. The dealer wants to sell me one for over 100US$-far too much-.
So the question is, as I'm not very familiar with electrical stuff, what type of relay would I need to buy: power suply, type (inversor or not), features, whatever. I already searched but nothing came up. Thanks!!!!!!

did the old one mysteriouly dissappear when it left the stealership? Check the diagram on page 12-25 in the Haynes manual for the interior light wiring... Make sure you're checking the right relay.

I got the original chrysler manual, and I double checked it. It is a tan relay located in a bracket with other two relays, behind the lower dash panel. By the way, it is a 1992 Cherokee Limited.

I'll go check it out in a minute...I got a 92 out back... stay tuned... You owe me! Its rainin!

Edit: Like behind the panel? Not visible without removing?

Last edited:
If I remember well, to reach it you have to take out 7 screws(lower dash panel), but you can look at the bracket if you manage to get the head down it. I moved the seat to the back and had an uncomfortable view of them. If it is too much work forget it. Thanks!

Back