• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Shims? (for rear leafs)

FastFreddy4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the middle of my driveway now with the leafs c clamped and ready to swap out the pins with the new ones and the RE wedge shims... the fat edge goes towards the BACK right? (effectively tipping the front of the diff up to lessen the weird angles...)? Right - I don't want to do this again - so I wanted to double check!

Thanks
Fred

The taller part of the shim goes in back so the axle pinion end rolls up to decrese the angle of the dangle. Same as a block kit, small in front, big in back.

I just did mine, and put the fat end towards the back. This shifted the pinion angle up to line up the drive shaft on mine.

Seems like putting the fat end towards the front would cause it to droop even more. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yep your right - the fat end in the front would only make problems worse.... I also bought the longer u-bolts do I need to cut them off or can I leave them long?

Thanks!!
Fred

You can leave them long since they point up. If they were spring under axle you would want to cut them flush with the nuts.

Back