• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any experience/info on these brackets?

I say no good for pulling on a angle. I have seen the factory and aftermarket hooks bend the brackets. The bracket tying into the frame is better than most but i would like to see the clevis point, part of that bracket not just bolt on. :patriot:

i would say yes but then you have to deal with the strap falling off before you get tension on it. You can get hooks with the extra tab thing to help with keeping the strap on. The best answer is a bumper with clevis points built in or at least with the hooks pointing up..

Those brackets are at least as strong as the factory ones. They tie into the inner frame reinforcement brackets that support the sway bar brackets. Get a set of those and a set of solid steel D-ring clevis mounts from Rusty's Offroad and you should be fine for light to medium duty pulling and recovery. D-rings are stronger than open hooks.
rbs-67_01.jpg

I would imagine them to be weaker but I bet your more likely to see strap or bracket failure before the D-ring goes. A friend of mine runs the smaller D-ring and I have tugged on it pretty damn hard before with no issues.

Back