• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake question 95 to 88

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
i just swapped in a 88 hp d30 into my 95. i used the same brake lines that were on my 95 and they hook up with no leaks. when i went to bleed the brakes i had no fluid come out one of my jeep buddies said i had to have the brake lines off of a renix jeep. Is this true i havent read it before in my other research. tomorrow i may be going to a junk yard to get brake lines but i would hate to spend money on something i am going to upgrade soon anyways. somebody please tell me this isnt true!

Blaine B. said:
May sound stupid to ask but....do you have the calipers on the correct sides of the axle with the bleeders on the top vs. bottom?
Although that would be a problem, he should still get fluid out while bleeding.

shouldn't matter.
brake lines are brake lines, so long as the banjo bolt snugged up OK then it should be fine.

X2 are the calipers on the right wheels. I recently changed out mine( well actually my son changed the calipers) and I would get fluid out of the drivers side but not the pass. (maybe a drop or so).
Knew it wasn't the lines, I replaced them ALL. Knew it wasn't rear wheel cyls. replaced both, Replaced master cyl., prop. valve, front brake hoses, pads, rotors.
So I had a totally new brake system(excluding booster) but couldn't get a good bleed. I decided to swap calipers from side to side to see if one of the new may be bad...and lo and behold thats when I noticed that the bleeders were now on top where they should have been, didn't really notice them when laying on the ground.
Threw the MightyVac on one last time, I now have one of the best,IMHO, brake pedals of any XJ, just shy of 1" of travel.
My fault...I took it for granted that someone elses work was done correct.

Yes that can be the problem...... bleeder screws commonly plug..... the hole goes down through the center almost to the bottom where it turns 90 degrees and exits out the side on the smooth part that is just past the threads and above the taper...... the hole their is very small and is easily plugged by the years of crap your vehicle has been through..... If you remove your bleeder screw completely, you should be able to see the opening and also you should be able to blow through it easily...... If you cant, you might be able to unplug the bleeder with a pick or something, or replace the bleeder screws......

Back