• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to know a good STEERING STABILIZER!

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking the Rough Country Steering Stabilizer for my XJ. I now have a 6 inch lift w/out a SYE on 32's and I am going to upgrade here in a week to 33"s. Anybody know of a better steering stabilizer for the money?

What is the problem? what makes you think you need an upgraded steering stabilizer? Not much info in that description but I'd guess you have other issues than a worn out steering stabilzier.

But to answer the question anyway, I run an OME and it works for me.

I never ran anything other than the OEM stabilizer, and never really felt a need to. Even at 20,000+ miles/yr on 33's.

If you're depending that heavily on the stabilizer for steering performance, there's likely something else that's screwed up.

Right now I am running an OEM stabilizer and it is fine. I was thinking that I might want to get a performance stabilizer as more of a preventative for when I go for bigger tires. Right now on my front axle I have u-joints and wheel bearings that are a week old and shocks, springs, and LCA's that are two months old my jeep only has bearable vibs in the front end at higher speeds. I think that it is related to my overly used tires in the front.

If you're set up properly, you really don't need a stabilizer at all, although as parts wear, you'll probably be glad for one. I currently am not running any stabilizer on my rig, with a Waggy 44 and 33's - no issues at all, although the balljoints and tie-rod ends are all brand new... use OEM if you feel the need, or even a cheapy Rancho.

RyanM said:
Put a down payment on a new transmission ;)

:wstupid:

His trans will look like this soon: :flame:
He'll look like this: :rattle:
He'll post on NAXJA and we'll all look like this: :sure:

Now I'm going to go look like this because I've been working all night and day: :speepin:

Back