• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no owners manual have a q?

limegrnxj

NAXJA Forum User
hey i just got a 99 xj and i was wondering what size the gas tank is? and if anyone has had any problems with the pass windows not unlocking? i can roll them down with the main switch but not buy the individual switch on each door.

i think i have a 20 on my 98 but ill go check, also what was your fix to the windows? mine passanger doesnt always work and the speaker over their hardly ever does

limegrnxj said:
i figured it was around 20 gal i have been puting about 13 in and the gauge still says 1/3 of a tank

it sounds like the float aint floatin too good any more, fill it and see how much it registers

On the back on my 1998 owner's manual it says 20.2 gal or 75.7L

And, it has been my experience that when the low fuel light gauge comes on, you've got about another 3-4 gallons left.

my 97 has the idiot light cluster w/teh giant gas gauge and when I had it so low the needle wouldn't even move when I started it, it still had like 2 gallons left (took 18 to fill) but when its full the needle stays pegged and doesn't start moving down until I've driven 75 miles or so

My 98 is 20.0 also and when my gas guage works and it shows that it's empty, only takes 15-16 gallons to fill. it's nice to have a 5 gallon reserve though because it comes in handy when you can't get to a station for a while.

Back