• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear leaves

lovemyxjoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking for some new leaves i am currently running rubicon 5.5in leaves but they sag so much at least about 2-3in it seems and they have only been on my jeep for a little less than a year i knew they would sag but not as much as they did. im looking for a lift of 6-7in but dont know what company to go with. i want good travel and articulation but that are a little stiffer then the rubicon leaves. i was thinking rustys or deavers but dont know anything about how they ride or break in. if theres any other companys that would be good id like to know. hope to get some input... thanks

skyjacker makes a great set of leaves for a 6" lift. i only have their 3" in mine, but have had it for almost 2 years and they haven't started to sag yet. i also have friends who have the 6" lift and their ride is almost the same as when they put it in.

i believe it was dpgoffroad who now has a 5" lift coil spring and a rear leaf available in the same height(try the website). there was a thread a while back about them, supposed to be a little stiffer than the re's. i've heard more than a few positive things about them. when i get the cash, i'll be buying a set.
edit: it was these - http://www.dpgoffroad.com/xjtrailgunner.htm

Do the trailgunners by DPG. I believe they settle out at 5.5. Best springs out there IMHO.

I would talk to your RE vendor or RE themselves as that is unusual for a spring pack to squat so quickly. There's a chance they will address the problem, worth a shot anyway.

IF/When I decide it is time to replace my rear leaves, I will probably go for a pack from Deaver. They have a couple of preconfigured XJ sets and they can make a custom set as well, depending upon your needs and budget. They're the best way to go IMO.

Either way try the warranty route first.

x2 I've had my 5.5" springs for 2.5 years and they are sitting normal even with all the tools and gear I carry on a regular basis....this is the first bad thing I've heard about re springs....hmmm.

Here's another worn RE spring thread, but these aren't new...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=928564

I figure the top 3 vendors in volume of springs sold on XJ's goes as follows.

1) Rubicon Express
2) Rusty's
3) Old Man Emu

Because of the sheer volume of the first two springs out there, you will read a lot more issues with their springs than you will with Old Man Emu. Another advantage Old Man Emu has is limiting their product from 1" - 3" of lift. That is an easier prodct to make and not have wear prematurely than the taller arched 6" springs. Regardless I wouldn't characterize RE springs as crap or discourage anyone from buying them.

Regardless of my ramble, I would hope RE would realize that this individual was using their springs within the boundaries of their intent and that the pack is just prematurely failing. Hopefully then a replacement pack will be offered. I know ARB, the owner of Old Man Emu would as I have had them replace springs that were used longer than these and they warrantied them.

Rusty has wonderful springs that wont break the bank.

A lot of these places get their springs from the same vendor. What is different is the control arms, bolts, shocks ect.

Back