• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump pcm issue

Since my original thread had a bunch of irrelevant stuff in it here goes. I have no fuel to my 97. Hard wire pump and it runs fine. The relay does not turn on. The pcm is supposed to provide a ground path via the brown wire to turn on the relay, but this is not happening. The relay is verified good. Any ideas on where to go from here? I am pulling my hair out and about to go buy something else.

Thanks for the help.:cheers:
mark

Check and see if you are missing other things from your Computer. I fried mine two weeks after I had been in water. I had rigged things to run the first was the fuel pump, until I had no spark; then I was sure what the problem was since I had a spare coil. I pulled the computer to take it to carquest and once it turned sideways I saw the nasty rust brown(should have been grey from glacial silt) water pour out.

The computer seemed to be working aside from the fuel pump control. But I hard wired the pump this morning and let it run for a couple minutes, and it started running rough after a minute and then I shut it down. Now I got a code 0135 O2 sensor heated circuit. I am guessing at this point that the computer is not working and once it warmed up enough to go into closed loop, it screwed up. I dunno. Any ideas, or am I buying another computer...

Thanks,

Mark

Also, anybody have a shop in oakhurst, coarsegold, fresno they recommend.

98stocker said:
The computer seemed to be working aside from the fuel pump control. But I hard wired the pump this morning and let it run for a couple minutes, and it started running rough after a minute and then I shut it down. Now I got a code 0135 O2 sensor heated circuit. I am guessing at this point that the computer is not working and once it warmed up enough to go into closed loop, it screwed up. I dunno. Any ideas, or am I buying another computer...

Thanks,

Mark

Also, anybody have a shop in oakhurst, coarsegold, fresno they recommend.

I'd check the 5 volt sensor supply circuit. Many of the sensors in the earlier models (before 97) share a common 5 volt supply circuit and when one sensor shorts (either fully or partially) the 5 volt circuit can cascade on you and cause many sensors to give faulty values, the CPS being one of the more important. I imagine your 98 is basically much the same setup.

Okay, when I unplugged the connector and tested the A17 plug side I get 7.8 volts, and 6.9 volts at the b31 plug side. These at both called 5v supply.

If you get tired of steering me through this, just let me know. I am sure a hundred mechanics in my area would love to take my money...

Mark

Not sure on this system but sometimes voltage readings can be thrown off by unloading them. Any body?

Back