• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

rhino317

NAXJA Forum User
i have mickey thomson baja claw radials and i was wondering if anyone else has problems with them ratteling the sh** out of everything in the cab? i know its the lugs of the tire but do all mud terrain tires do this?

not all tires do that. I have 33x12.5 summet mud dawgs and they ride real smooth. One thing you do have to do is keep them ballanced. I have about 15000 on them and they ride as smooth as the day I bought them but I do take them in about every 4 to 6K mile and have them ballanced. By the way the summet mud dawgs are a knock off of goodyear mtr's.

Well if you ever let the jeep set the tires will get a flat spot. I've even seen it happen over night. They are nice tires but beings that they are very soft rubber they arent the best choice for a daily driver.

kawboy said:
Well if you ever let the jeep set the tires will get a flat spot. I've even seen it happen over night. They are nice tires but beings that they are very soft rubber they arent the best choice for a daily driver.

Thats if they are bias ply he said they were radials. Have you rotated them you have to rotate them every 2000 miles or something ridiculous like that.

haha yeah i would've got the MTZ's if i were you. I would only get claws on a trail rig.

yah i would have but i got mine and then like a little bit later that came out with those. plus i was just building my rig and had no idea about mud tires and i thought they looked good so i threw em on there.

Honest mistake! I almost bought them as well. Great tire don't get me wrong but not very streetable.

sell em on craig's list. and rotate them.

what size do u have? I need a spare!

I have claws exept bias ply and i love em! They have there rough spots but nothing i cant handle as a part time DD.

Back