• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube door fabrication

EnderUSAF

NAXJA Forum User
I've already searched but haven't found what I'm looking for. All I need to know is what you guys who have already fabbed up tube doors are using for a latch mechanism. I've seen a few I liked but haven't seen anyone list a part number for them or anything.

if you have a truck top shop around call them they usually use a double pin latch on leer shells and others

I would try to get all the door latch stuff from a YJ door. It looks like most of the latches I see on tube doors and the whole thing should be around 30 bux and have a nice finished look

This is what I use:
100_2829.jpg

100_2831.jpg

100_2836.jpg

Here are a few sets finished:
100_4163.jpg

100_4169.jpg

100_4187.jpg

Gatekeeper1.jpg

Last edited:
Cruzin Illusion said:
This is what I use:
100_2829.jpg

100_2831.jpg

100_2836.jpg

Sweet... care to share any part numbers or where you ordered the latches from?

Thanks in advance.

Cruzin what are those latches from? That's exactly what I'm looking for. Also from your pics it looks like you don't have a latch on the driver side, is there a reason you didn't use the same latch, or was that shot taken before you put one on it?

EnderUSAF said:
Cruzin what are those latches from? That's exactly what I'm looking for. Also from your pics it looks like you don't have a latch on the driver side, is there a reason you didn't use the same latch, or was that shot taken before you put one on it?

That is a set I built for a customer. That is not the same Jeep as out Orange one. He opted not to have the handles just the latches. So he has to reach in an pull the latch. There are different types of the same latch depending on your application but they are made by Eberhard. www.eberhard.com
They are the rotaries slam latches. I use the 240 or 241 series. I guess now that I gave out the type of latch my sales will go down:bawl:

Cruzin Illusion said:
That is a set I built for a customer. That is not the same Jeep as out Orange one. He opted not to have the handles just the latches. So he has to reach in an pull the latch. There are different types of the same latch depending on your application but they are made by Eberhard. www.eberhard.com
They are the rotaries slam latches. I use the 240 or 241 series. I guess now that I gave out the type of latch my sales will go down:bawl:

What do you charge for a set of tube doors with latches anyways?

Back