• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another stupid lift question

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
okay i want the 4.5"RE Superflex w/ rear springs or the 3.5"superflex w/rear springs. i want to fit at least 31's i have a 2" to 3" lift now that works for now but is starting to sag in the rear. i have to get new tires before i can get my lift and i really do not want to trim. i can get BFG MT's on stock size but i would like to 31's or at least 30's. will 31's fit on my 2"-3" lift or do i have to get stock get my lift and wait for the tires to wear out since i am not going to swap off perfectly good mt's.and is the the 3.5" half any disadvantages compared to the 4.5" exept ride height is an inch lower?

you should be able to fit 31s with 2-3" of lift, you just wont have any flex. What backspacing are your wheels?

keep your sway bar up front connected, and maybe get some longer bumpstops...

You can probably run the 31s, but it may take some minor trimming.

As long as you make sure you bump stop accordingly, you can still disco the sway bar and get plenty of flex. You may not get much up-travel, but you can still have droop.

I had a friend way back in High School that ran 31s stock (I think it was the up-country package though). IIRC it didn't scrub on the road, maybe tight turns, but made some real lovely noises off road. This was also before we actually went wheeling (just ran fire roads) or even knew about disconnecting sway bars.
So basically, you can probably get the new tires, and at least drive it on the road until you get your new lift.....or dig out the sawzall :)

Last edited:
Thats what I have and it flexes well with 31's but they do rub a little at full flex, other than that, the lift is great!!

flexin2.jpg

The other side front tire was stuffed! This is where the rubbing occurs. I think if I would have turned the tires too much, they would have ripped off the flare.
needtrimin.jpg

awesome you have the same color and look as me lol. but i think eventually i am going cut my fenders out and put some customs on. but okay kool thanks.

JoesXJ said:
Thats what I have and it flexes well with 31's but they do rub a little at full flex, other than that, the lift is great!!

That's what bumpstops are for :)

Back