• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality or just CHEAPER?

MIXEDBREED

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone is running Interco TSL Radial/Super Swampers or know anything about them. They seem a little less expensive, but how do they stack up against BFG or Pro Comp??? Are they good/bad/same?

Also...has anyone heard of or have a bumper from www.Nates4x4.com or www.cassidyscustom.com or www.ryansfab.net(he's on ebay too)???

I'm building my 1st XJ..almost done except for tires/bumper/tir rod/alignment/bump stops/armor(just need the tires and bumper to test the rig out)

All opinions are welcome...

Thanks!

--91 XJ 3" RC lift 32" used BFG Muds(one just blew the side wall)--

TSLs are great tires they have more aggressive tread than the BFGs or the procrap (yes procraps i dont care for the at all) but tons of people use them and if you get the radials you should be fine on and off road. i ran some 33s off them and loved them, make sure you take them to a good place for them to get balanced or you have the death wobble, i went to 3 shops before someone would actually take the time and get it dialed in perfect instead of getting it close ask around for who has the best tire balanceing. good luck and get the TSLs you wont regret it!

I know a guy with Nates4x4 front bumper, that thing is awesome, probably the nicest XJ bumper I have ever seen, personally....and I believe its XJudge's brother, maybe he can chime in with more info....but from what I have seen, Nates4x4 bumpers are awesome and VERY well made.

JNickel101 said:
I know a guy with Nates4x4 front bumper, that thing is awesome, probably the nicest XJ bumper I have ever seen, personally....and I believe its XJudge's brother, maybe he can chime in with more info....but from what I have seen, Nates4x4 bumpers are awesome and VERY well made.

They are definitly well made, but as far as having a hugh box on the front of your jeep he wins too! That thing is MASSIVE! Kills ALL approach angle and all looks IMO. But what do i know! I like low profile stuff...

Edit: After looking at cassidy customs' page I can see that you must like the big bulky ones better since theirs are just as bulky as nates... If you want bulky then get you a good warn bumper!

Last edited:
I'd still take a Nates over a Warn or ARB bumper.....

I ran a set of TSL radials once upon a time... destroyed two sidewalls at the same time in the same hole going up to Slickrock @ Tellico. Also cut a slice through the tread AND cords of a brand new 33" BFG-MT @ Uwharrie... so I'm no big fan of those either.

:dunno: The Tire Gods have never been very nice to me.

woody said:
I ran a set of TSL radials once upon a time... destroyed two sidewalls at the same time in the same hole going up to Slickrock @ Tellico. Also cut a slice through the tread AND cords of a brand new 33" BFG-MT @ Uwharrie... so I'm no big fan of those either.

:dunno: The Tire Gods have never been very nice to me.

You need to digress to a wooden wheel.

heard of nates, never heard of those other guys. Nates stuff seems to be very fair to bargain priced i wish he would have a little more tapering and some more flair to the designs but he is so low cost that may be impossible at his prices. Fair value, never heard anyone say they are junk or anything like that, only issue is some people have bitched it took longer than they hoped to get it shipped.

check out JCR though
for only $35 more than the cassidy bumper you can get a jcr stage2 rear
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=2XJRST2&Category_Code=XJB

also check out the jcr frotn bumpers. I dont know if you want which or not or what features but the quality to price ratio at JCR is hard to beat. I dont think you can find nicer for cheaper. Best bargain bumpers out there.

the first time you get hung up your gonna think i shoulda went with a slimmer design like this jcr stage 2

stg2xjdsc.jpg

Nates basic rear bumper looks good for $150 if your really on a budget its not bulky at all and only $160
http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=51

Back