• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector resisitance

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I started this thread because I did search, and found resistance values for stock (?) injectors, and because my search skills suck.

So there you have it! If you are wondering what the injector resistance should be for stock injectors, it shoud be 16 ohms...or so I've read.

So based on that, I'm guessing the Ford/Bosch injectors that are touted as an up-grade should have the same, or at least close to the same electrical value.

Is this fact, or crap?

TIA, the ol grump

Thanks for that Tom. What range is acceptable for a RENIX system?

I just tested several on my 89 Renix, they all read 17.6 ohms.

Hypoid said:
Thanks for that Tom. What range is acceptable for a RENIX system?

Hmmm, I have 15.2 ohms on these u-pull-it Bosch injectors. Time to unzip that RENIX manual!

dammit

Close enough. The reading will vary a little bit with injector temperature, brand, and ohm meter battery condition (battery voltage), and accuracy / precision of the ohm meter. If you read less than 6 ohms, or more than 30 ohms I would say the injector had a problem, or the ohm meter or ohm meter battery was defective. At 1 ohm it would definately be an internally shorted coil in the injector and at 100 ohms or more a partly open circuit, and it would read infinite resistance for a burned out coil in the injector (over range).

Hypoid said:
Hmmm, I have 15.2 ohms on these u-pull-it Bosch injectors. Time to unzip that RENIX manual!

dammit

Back