• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating

Joker2669

NAXJA Forum User
Help - how can I override the overheating protection..? I get pissed when i have to sit an hour to let it cool down.. I want to bypass that protection to turn on the mech and electric fan to help cool it but that won't happen without the motor running..:eeks1:

when asking a question like this you need to post info about the jeep. Year, engine, trans......

That said, you don't want to do what you're thinking. Instead just fix the overheating problem. A temporary fix would be to wire up an override switch for the electrical fan, there are many threads on this that will be revealed by searching. Your money would be better spent finding the root cause.

x2. Fix the problem before you toast your engine.

You can also convert to dual electric fans (again, lot's of threads here already).

before exploring options to increase cooling to your motor i would go through the existing system. check thermostat, coolant water ratio, plumbing etc....maybe a clogged radiator as well.

if all that is good, then go further.. i bet you'll find the culprit in one of those. in relation to other parts of the engine the cooling system is not all that complex.

Back