• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

semi metallic vs metallic brake shoes

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Which would you prefer? I know metallic pads make a bit of noise but do they with shoes? Which one would give better stopping power?

Full mettalic pads will eat up stock rotors. There are some really good kevlar pads that make less brake dust and stop really well. The best bang for the buck is probably carbon mettalic pads if you don't mind a bunch of dark brake dust.

I used some cheapo ceramics once and they ate my rotrs up bad. they were way to hard. forgot the brand. kevlar sounds good!

snowjeep said:
Which would you prefer? I know metallic pads make a bit of noise but do they with shoes? Which one would give better stopping power?

metallic SHOES? i understand that they generate a lot more heat than non-metallic shoes. i thought that i had read you needed different drums and hardware to run metallic shoes, can't think of where now. i doubt if they'd be worth the hassle.

Back