• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Shock Mount on Rear Dana-44

rosco

NAXJA Forum User
I broke the drivers side stud off of the shock mount and i'm just wondering what is the fix? can I just grind off the whole bracket and get a new one and weld it? Who would sell this bracket?

i'd just shave them both off and get new mounts and make them higher up for more clearance.

Cut em off ,get a leaf spring perch chop it in half,install 2 new shock studs,clearance to fit and weld em on where you want them

why does ever one sell those kind of shock mounts? I hate those, I think the stock pin stlye work WAY better than the kind that mount around the base of the shock...

A quick and easy fix is to just replace the stud.They can be found at your auto parst store for about 5$.
M.O.R.E. has the complete mount.
661-001.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
I cut me entire stock mounts off, cut them down similar to JKS's and re welded. Saved some money. Although this sounds easy with plasma. It's better to get them up level with the tube......

RCP Phx said:
A quick and easy fix is to just replace the stud.They can be found at your auto parst store for about 5$.
M.O.R.E. has the complete mount.
661-001.jpg

05.jpg
This is about what you end up with with the cut spring perch (above)

Back