• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Bag Light Stays ON!

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys

I kinda sunk my Jeep a couple of weeks ago, now my water park adventure has come home to roost...

The water was just over the centre console inside. The Jeep ran fine no problems except my air bag warning light will not go off after you start the XJ.

Its a 1998 Sport base model with the 4.0L

Can anyone direct me on what to check out? I do not want to get hosed at the dealer, so If you can suggest anything let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

G.Q. Jeeper said:
The water was just over the centre console inside. The Jeep ran fine no problems except my air bag warning light will not go off after you start the XJ.

Can anyone direct me on what to check out? I do not want to get hosed at the dealer, so If you can suggest anything let me know!

The air bag control unit is under the floor mounted center console, bolted to the floor between the seats. It is the silver box in the pic below. You will need to check the connections and you may need to replace it. Rent a check engine light code reader from the parts store and see if you get a trouble code.

standard.jpg

Back