• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89,84 Xj's

Steve and Jayne

NAXJA Forum User
I am curious I have an oppurtunity to buy both these for under a thousand dollars. I have a 90 YJ ( I know I know) and am just wondering about parting out these Xj's for parts for that and other people who need stuff.
I was wondering your opinions.
Thanks
steveo

both run and drive as well as have a decent body then yea i would do it...

then again i cannot help myself to buy cars/ trucks/ jeeps or whatever (as long as it isnt a ford product) if its a good deal and i know i can make some fast cash.

You're looking for advice? Here?

I've got five XJ's, and I'm always looking out for more (and MJ's, and even an M35A2 with multi-fuel engine for a heavy work truck... Know of any?)

I'm hopelessly addicted, and I see no reason to recover. Consdering I've not spend $10K on the lot of five that I've got (to buy them...) I'm sure I could get a more expensive habit...

5-90

5-90 said:
You're looking for advice? Here?

I've got five XJ's, and I'm always looking out for more (and MJ's, and even an M35A2 with multi-fuel engine for a heavy work truck... Know of any?)

I'm hopelessly addicted, and I see no reason to recover. Consdering I've not spend $10K on the lot of five that I've got (to buy them...) I'm sure I could get a more expensive habit...

5-90

I do!!!!!!!!!!

there are a couple here in texas in what i think was mansfield?... dont rember. anyway in an old military junk yard.

5-90 said:
How much, and do they run?

I can get restos for about $10K... But I don't typically have $10K just lying about doing no-thing...

5-90

the 3 multifuels he had were runnin and drivin but needed interior as in the seats were allmost only springs due to not having a top im sure.

and he also did have a few other deuce and a halfs that were in better shape (complete with cab and windows haha) anothough not multifuels... all for around $4,500-$8,000

Steve and Jayne said:
Yes they run and one is 800 OBo and the other is 400 OBO

well its liek myself and 5-90 said neither of us can stop buying vehicles.... so if they both run and drive WELL and teh body on em arnt tore up all that bad then yes jump on it for under a 1K why not?

what drive train are in them? 2.5, 2.8, and 4.0 would of course be the most common, unless you've got a disel. depending on what's in them, it would make them more/less valuable. in particular the 84, since it may have the somewhat less desireable 2.8 6 cyl. that side, i have an 85 with the 2.8 and an 89 with the 4.0, besides the DD 87 4.0, so i don't see a problem with it.

the 4.10's is a good point, which you would look for in the 2.5's. the 44 was somewhat less common in 89 than the 87, which was the most popular year, but it could have one.

Dang, I have some catching up to do...I only have one XJ and two MJ's:tear:

Back