• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bump Stop Diameter???

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for the front bump stop diameter if any one knows it. I'm trying to fab some coil spring isolators for the t-bird coil springs using the stock mcphearson strut cap and I wanna drill out the center of the cap to fit on the stock bump stop shaft.
Any one know off thei top of their head? 1998 XJ

feuer895 said:
its the diameter of a hocky puck about 3-4" i think...

What?! I'm not asking for the COIL SPRING diameter, I'm asking about the BUMP STOP SHAFT diameter....

selarep said:
What?! I'm not asking for the COIL SPRING diameter, I'm asking about the BUMP STOP SHAFT diameter....

The inside diameter of a coilspringrubber (1992) is 47 mm narrow.: is flexible rubber!
After a look under my car. I find out that the diameter of the steeltube of the bumpstop is outside 2 " (50,5 mm). greetings

Last edited:
wim hoppenbrouwers said:
The inside diameter of a coilspringrubber (1992) is 47 mm narrow.: is flexible rubber!
After a look under my car. I find out that the diameter of the steeltube of the bumpstop is outside 2 " (50,5 mm). greetings

1", got it, thank you very much.

Back