• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your input please (lift)

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Im on XJ #4, its an 87,4.0,auto,selectrac,D44 rear/D30 front,3.55 gears, I will not run bigger than 30`s for now until I regear (if ever)if ever as I need towing power to haul a fishing boat at high elevations and some economy still. I will use it for running aorund, 500 mile fishing trips to the Sierras and compared to most of what I see these days light/med 4wd use. Id like to lift it so I can at least fit my oversized arse under it to do oil/service etc and gain some clearance for wheeling. So just how far can one go without a SYE and vibe issues not exceding 4"`s . Im like to spend $500 give or take with shocks hopefully. I dont think a BB will be enough honestly, what do you recommend or steer me to a link for write ups on info.
Thanks a bunck folks.

Rusty's or RC 3 inch w/ spring pack. Since you have an 87 driveline should be less of an issue so TC drop should do the trick. Don't go above 3-3.5.

my .01

30's might seem small under your 3" lift, I've fit 30's under my stock without a lift rubs a little at max flex nothing much however. I think 31's and 3" lift looks great BB probably wouldn't look bad.

Back