• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp gauge almost to the red

Fast95Neon

NAXJA Forum User
My uncle bought a 92 xj with about 56k and it wants to start to overheat. He got new thermostat, water pump and radiator flush and still heats up pretty high.

I got my heat gun and the blck reads about 120* and the 1st primary on the head is about 230*

i have a 91 and mine barely goes over the half mark sitting on a hot day.

anyone have any suggestions?

o and i turned the heat on and it went down.

how do i check the temp sensor and where is it located?
driver side on the rear of the head?

given what you have already replaced, my money would be on a bad water pump - that's what mine was with the same symptoms in my old 91, and the pump finally just seized.

It looks like some people are not reading what has been done. does the electric fan come on my fan went out and I replaced it that helped me with the same problem. it would get hot even when driving.

Oh and does the TC lock up? Mine didnt and now I can Manually and that helps with the temp. seems like 56K is low miles for any of these problems. I have 215K.

The temp sensor is right there in the front where the thermostat is.

Last edited:
Did you burp it ?

New coolent?

Is the radiator getting warm all over? Even flushing will not save a partialy blocked radiator.

Is it holding pressure?

195 thermostat?

Rev

doh:doh: :looser:

he did take it to the shop and have it done...
both fans work and the elctric fan kicks on when it needs to
we are pretty much stuck on it lol

Back