• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting floor pan with angle grinder, easy?

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys,
I am starting to restore a newly acquired 95 XJ , I will be getting the replacement pans from Sherman, just wantedto know if the pan can be easily cut with the grinder, to those who have done it, is it easily doable? this will be the first time when i will be doing something like this.

Thanks,
Ravi

Easy to cut, still a PITA. I haven't decided what to do with the strut that the front of the seat bolts to yet though.

I also recommend a small pry bar to get between the frame rails and the floor pans to deal with those pesky spot welds.

Thanks, so is the floor pan is welded to the crossmember rail underneath?

Thanks,
ravi

Mine was not welded but body epoxy. Maybe there were some spot welds but they might have been rusted away. Just make sure you watch all the lines underneath. There are some other great write ups and threads on this subject. Just search floor pans

Trying to clean up the concrete floor in our 100yr old house. There's pits and such that I'm trying to fill and patch. Trying to find the best way to then grind these patches to get the repairs to be smoother. The plan is to paint the floor. Not looking for perfection, but don't want 1-2" pits and/or the ridge from a patch.

I'm seen concrete grinding wheels for angle grinders, just confused on what to buy. Box store had something for the 4-1/2"angle grinder for like $60. I was just checking Amazon and found some for $10, that sound good.... guessing different functions?!

Can anyone guide me? Room is about 15x30 and only working with the imperfections. I can't recall the exact material being used, but is a quicrete product recommended by one of their reps.

A diamond one is a must and use it with plenty of water and a wet-vac if cleanup is a issue!

Don't breath either metal cutting dust or concrete/rock dust.

Back