• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retro fit Front end Jeep2500. where to go ?

MJ88SB

NAXJA Forum User
:geek: Hello Naxja Nation.
Even though this might not be considered an OEM related Question right off the Bat .
It is OEM somewhere in the world so..here it is:
Anybody has an idea who to contact so to aquire a complete front end from one of those Late Model (Yes Late Model 2006/ 2007) Jeep 2500 's XJ sold Over seas?

I'd like to retro fit such Front End in my Comanche.
I know of many great fitments of later model xj frontends in earlier MJ's
But has anyone gone for the 2500 version?

Keep trail ridin'.... I'll catch up:repair:

Last edited:
It's been discussed on comancheclub.com

to do it you'd have to have an awful good contact overseas who knows what parts you'd need....cause alot of the front end has changed. you'd really need more than just header, fenders, bumper, and hood as the entire rad. support is different.

aaaaand you can't have one shipped to the US very easily. the taxes and tarrifs would kill your pocket book.

Good luck. I've heard the parts dont fit together too well on the factory ones in China.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Good luck. I've heard the parts dont fit together too well on the factory ones in China.
Thats what you heard eh? What connection you got over there?

jeepcomj said:
It's been discussed on comancheclub.com

to do it you'd have to have an awful good contact overseas who knows what parts you'd need....cause alot of the front end has changed. you'd really need more than just header, fenders, bumper, and hood as the entire rad. support is different.

aaaaand you can't have one shipped to the US very easily. the taxes and tarrifs would kill your pocket book.

Thanks for the input... So I guess there are no known examples of such ...........yet.
:greensmok

"-keep trail ridin' I'll catch up

RyanM said:
Thats what you heard eh? What connection you got over there?

Ever read a magazine before?

Markos said:

so we're in a semantics argument. JP did an article on the XJ's a few months back. There was a sidebar about the 2500. They stated it was basically parts cobbled together from a few other vehicles that didn't fit the Jeep very well, and it didn't look clean in person.

U1290P33DT20050623111324.jpg

actually from what research I have done, they are pretty smooth body lines that go well with each other. it could be adapted to a comanche or normal cherokee with some minor changes to your engine compartment, and a header panel swap. I think it's neat

How dare you think out side the box... LOL I think it would look good.The fenders are a little shorter than a xj aren't they... Could be the pic.. I do like the front end

jeepcomj said:
U1290P33DT20050623111324.jpg

actually from what research I have done, they are pretty smooth body lines that go well with each other. it could be adapted to a comanche or normal cherokee with some minor changes to your engine compartment, and a header panel swap. I think it's neat[/quote

Yup that's what I'm talking about...:D ..So From Ur research and the postings before .
Beside the obvious outside skin to be aquired, do you have any specifics of the internal
parts to be changed / modified.

So the q still stands . anybody in the states or abroas has retrofitted such either on xj OR MJ ( i'd bet it would look outstanding in an MJ with the right set up.:firedevil

from my research, you need the fenders, flares, grille, hood, bumper, headlights, headlight wiring, and then you'd have to do some custom supports for each I think.

inside it's supposed to be the same..

what's that mean?

jeepcomj said:
from my research, you need the fenders, flares, grille, hood, bumper, headlights, headlight wiring, and then you'd have to do some custom supports for each I think.

inside it's supposed to be the same..[/
:repair: Thanks jeepcomj .... It may take a while :banghead: but .. i'm officialy starting this ...:explosion I'm going in....... ....

So any further input concerning Any Referrence to such foreign models will be greatly appreciated.
Do you have any knowledge of european rigs carrying this particular scheme ? Or is it reduced to the far east ?

further knowledge.

the 2500 is not produced by jeep, but by a chinese (or japanese...their asian, same thing and no offense to anyone) company that has exclusive rights to the cherokee xj design and rights to improvements (hence the 2500 front end). they're produced there and they stay there. I've seen them in RHD and LHD but most poser pics are normal LHD...

no, i don't remember the name of the corp. but it's eastern europe, in asian countries...so none in the main european countries.

Need a list of countries it is sold in to start with. Then with the internet it is pretty easy to find parts.

I wanted Euro tail lights for my 2000 XJ. Contacted a guy in England and whalla, had a perfect set in a week.

Find where they are sold and the brand name they are sold under and I would help to locate parts. Might do one my self.

Back