• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Harness for a 1991 XJ 4X4 4Doors 4.0HO Auto

ZID

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell what is the part number(s) for the complete wiring harness with the fuse box ? Because mine melted and smoked from the part under the steering wheel and the jeep doesn't work now .
Or if anyone knows a good aftermarket wiring harness for the 1991 XJ 4Doors 4x4 with HO engine or knoes somebody parting out his xj with compatible wiring thats will be good .

And Thanks.

It depends on the harness you need there are many in the vehical not just one big one.

Thanks for your answer.
It is the part that is under the steering wheel and upper to the brake and accelerator pedal or the front driver side wiring, it smoked a white smoke, but before the smoke gets on the speeds gauge stopped .

But I saw on the net there are many companies sells universal wiring harness like painleas, is that what I need ? I sent them an email but they didn't respond so I feared to buy from them and to see what needs to replace first.

A mechanic offered me to change that part of wiring harness for 325$ incuding grabing the harness from the scrapyard and the installation, is that price good ?

Before others jump in and tell you that is way too much money, I say do it.
1. You have a mechanic.
2. He can get get the parts - not a small thing considering your location.
3. He is willing to work on it.
4. You are willing to pay his price.

That's a no-brainer.

That can be a miserable job. You have to stand on your head and grow midget fingers. I had a wiring problem with my TPS circuit. My mechanic traced it all down and rewired both directions from the sensor for about the same amount of money as you are talking about. It's fixed and I am happy.

Back