• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

johnson valley??? lets go!

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
I'm tired of big bear, lets go run the real stuff, ya its hot but I wanna run some trails. I've never run the jv stuff but I wanna do clawhammer then if that's not so bad try sledgehammer. Sometime soon preferably.....who's in?

Btw the high in 29 palms was 89 today....

The nights out in the desert recently have been incredable!
But how long do you think that will last?
I'm booked up for the next two weeks....and by then its going to back to :flame: ing hot.
I think I might wait until September for another JV run.
Unless I'm convinced otherwise... :D
Rick R

Big Bear to JV. Now that's a big leap. :D

Have you tried some of the Stoddard trails yet? It's a good place to tune up and hone the driving skills. It's also a hell of alot closer to support.

Rick, still on 33's? My local group is going out Friday night for a 33's and 35's only run and there is still room for one more...

Just make sure you have more than one spare tie rod. :D

--ron

David Taylor said:
Also in November( should be 10-12) is the big naxja event.

The annual XJ event in JV will be Nov 18-19. We'll run trails for every level, even mostly stock.

Captain Ron said:

Have you tried some of the Stoddard trails yet? It's a good place to tune up and hone the driving skills. It's also a hell of alot closer to support.

Rick, still on 33's? My local group is going out Friday night for a 33's and 35's only run and there is still room for one more...

--ron

What's out at stoddard valley? I know I've seen stuff about HDR and achy breaky but if there were some websites or something with trail descriptions/direction. I'm on 36" locked front and rear, tsl sx's and I actually just got all my parts in to put on my hysteer kit, tera knuckle alumiflex rods 1 ton ends so I'm not worried about steering any more.

Where's your group goin? Who is your group? I'd love to go, what trails/ how hard compared to say the john bull stuff?

Whhooops just realized that invite was directed rick not me.....lol.......I'm retarded.

Captain Ron said:

--ron

Thanks to ZJMikey I am now running 35's!
Although the invite is much appreciated, Friday is the first day of my vacation and I will (GOD willing ;) ) be hooked up to a trophy bass by friday night!!
BTW I should have picked up Johnny's spare tie rod!! Damn it! Now I need to buy an entire new OTK set up!! ...and rear disks....and new motor mounts...and...and.....and.....:D
Rick R

sledge3.jpg
Hey Ben check out www.Tinbenders.org They basically own the hammers and are thats basically thier home. They are mostly Toys, but they have a few Jeeps, and are great guys / girls, If you can hang with some good ole fashion sh1t talking..

You will have to register then hope that you find a run in the near future, and for god's sake you better not give the XJ a bad name lol..

Careful though, I have been to alot of private and local rock crawling / racing events and they (Tinbenders) are freakin MAD. If you hear, oh that wasnt so bad, then maybe find a bypass.... LOL

Oh heres a picture of a Bender line though Sledge

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
Hey Ben check out www.Tinbenders.org They basically own the hammers and are thats basically thier home.

pretty sure I pay taxes too...

checking...

checking...

oh yeah - the government took their share outta my last paycheck... :D :D

XJ_ranger said:

checking...

checking...

Ya think he meant it in a metaphorical sence?? :D
And I believe I have the record for the longest uninterupted run up Clawhammer, and therefore, I 'own' that one!!:laugh3:
Rick R

Jump This said:
And I believe I have the record for the longest uninterupted run up Clawhammer, and therefore, I'm 'owned' by that one!!:laugh3:

Ficksed. :D

--ron

XJ_ranger said:

checking...

checking...

I get paid by your taxes (usmc), and then I pay taxes on your taxes! How the hell does that work out retaxing taxes? At least when I'm over in iraq its tax free.

well I see that the Name tinbenders mean nada to most here or its just unknown, but they are very active in the Hammers, as well as raising large soms of $ to allow the continued use of our public trails.

In any case yeah anyone can "do" the hammers. But try to follow a bender through outer limits or such, and you will see why I brought them up..

There's not many groups that are as fun (an enjoyable to watch) as the benders. Mix one part bender and one part toyota and that is a very volotile combo. But man is it fun to watch..

Once my rockers are done and some of the exo (hopfully by nov at this rate) I will be more then happy to join ya Ben..

ROBERTK said:
well I see that the Name tinbenders mean nada to most here or its just unknown, but they are very active in the Hammers, as well as raising large soms of $ to allow the continued use of our public trails.

In any case yeah anyone can "do" the hammers. But try to follow a bender through outer limits or such, and you will see why I brought them up..

There's not many groups that are as fun (an enjoyable to watch) as the benders. Mix one part bender and one part toyota and that is a very volotile combo. But man is it fun to watch..

Once my rockers are done and some of the exo (hopfully by nov at this rate) I will be more then happy to join ya Ben..
hey you have any progress pics of your exo? I wanna see, that's next on my list, I gotta get some material together and get over to the base auto hobby shop let them bend it up for me for free! Can't wait so I can cut my damn roof off.

xXJx said:
hey you have any progress pics of your exo? I wanna see, that's next on my list, I gotta get some material together and get over to the base auto hobby shop let them bend it up for me for free! Can't wait so I can cut my damn roof off.

I'm no "Tin Bender" and I know you didn't ask for it, but in my opinon, I would never put an exo on a rig that goes to JV. Or anyplace else for that matter.

XJ_ranger said:

checking...

checking...

Ron actually pays you guys to fawk around with angle grinders and go sailing?

Back