• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One sided Tcase drop?

88xjlover

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 91 XJ with some kind of short arm lift (about 5.5"). The rear end had smashed spring perches (axle wrap caused by blocks and loose u bolts, broken center bolt.) It also had a one sided tcase drop on the passenger side.
Has anyone ever seen this? I searched but could not find. I ordered a SYE from PORC so problem solved but will I have any problems on that side removing and installing in origional position?
I know the truck sounds bad but has OBA, 4.56's, 33's, front locker, warn winch and decent home bumper.

If the p.o. cut that many corners I'd be scared the bumper was zip tied on, the front was just welded and not sure what to think about the gears. ONe sided Tcase drop is def interesting...

lowrange2 said:
If the p.o. cut that many corners I'd be scared the bumper was zip tied on, the front was just welded and not sure what to think about the gears. ONe sided Tcase drop is def interesting...

Ha! Ha! Ha! No S**T!:laugh2:
Front definitly locked.
Front bumper Very bolted and steering box reinforced. I'll confirm the gears later but definitly higher than normal. I'm sure whoever had it before the last guy must have done some things right as there are some cool stuff in there otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Although DEFINITLY NOT the right way to fix it.... If I had to guess, I'd say they only installed it on one side because they had problems engaging the tcase and couldn't figure out how to adjust the 4wd shifter???

Either way, you got the right idea by adding the SYE and putting the crossmember back to stock.

probably couldnt get the stud out of the frame rail for the other side

scottmcneal said:
I would check every NUT and BOLT on that jeep
X2!

That's a good idea whenever you buy any modded vehicle!

TRAILREADYXJ said:
X2!

That's a good idea whenever you buy any modded vehicle!
X3!

my uncle bought a 48 ford to restore and it had a mustang II front end that the PO put together with HOME DEPOT bolts :doh:

Back