• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oba

timk578

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys i ordered my rear ARB but dont have enough money to get the compressorjust yet....i searched all the threads and it seems more people use the VIAir 400c rather than the ARB compressor....i do want to air up 33 after a day on the trail so give me your oppinions

although i think that the VIair would be much faster to air up tires I have been using my ARB compressor for air up and it works just fine, it just takes 20-25 minutes or so to air back up my 32's from 12 psi to 32psi.

Well to just run your locker, the ARB mini compressor is definately the cheapest reliable option. To go the viair route will cost more as you need to buy the tank, manifold, fittings, etc on top of the price of the compressor....but sure then you can air up too.
I would get the ARB mini comp for your locker (super easy to install) & then "do-it-yourself" powertank for airing up.

You could do a York OBA setup. I can run air tools (in short bursts) with mine. It is kind of a pain to setup but it is really nice.

A 19.99 5 gallon air tank from Walmart will actuate and hold an ARB hundreds of times before you would need to fill it.

I've also seen someone use one of those cheeezy cigerette lighter plug in portable air compressors, not ideal, but it works.

*edit*Oops, I guess I should read your whole post, I thought you were just wanting to actuate an ARB on the cheap. The ViAir 400 coupled with a small air tank will meet just about any need you have for air on the trail

xjtrailrider said:
10 gal co2 tank/regulater

x2

It takes me less than a minute a tire to go from 8lbs to 31 lbs with my CO2 tank, and it could run an ARB all day long.

Or you could install a Puma 12v compressor. It has serious air flow for pumping up big tires, and comes with tank, regulator, etc. You can use the regulator to control air pressure to ~95psi for the air locker, and use unregulated air to pump up tires; fits in rear cargo area, passenger-side. The price is a resonable $200 off E-bay.

puma4py4.jpg

Back