• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Hack & Tap

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Can I see pics of how the 96+ hack and tap works compared to the pre-96, The RE website picture is way to vague for me...

JeepFreak21 said:
x2. The older ones, you remove the 'cone' over the output, cut, and install RE peice. This peice and the seal are the only things that make it different.

And how exactly will my other front DS bolt to it....I dont see where it has a yoke output, its just a damn circle with holes in it

Not the RE H+T, but here's how it works with a front drive shaft:

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm

If you use the kit that comes with a drive flange( the flat round plate with holes in it) then you have to get a drive shaft that will bolt up to a flange.

As always, kudos to Go-jeep for a kick-ass web site

More Cowbell

ZacSquatch said:
And how exactly will my other front DS bolt to it....I dont see where it has a yoke output, its just a damn circle with holes in it

You need to attach Spicer flange #211229x between the HnT and driveshaft. Search for it online. You can find them for ~$60 shipped if you look around.

Thanks guys, Might just get a full SYE kit instead, stuff adds up quick

ZacSquatch said:
Thanks guys, Might just get a full SYE kit instead, stuff adds up quick

Your front driveshaft should bolt right up to the PORC (www.PerformanceOffRoadCenter.com) SYE. No need for the Spicer part.
HTH,
Billy

PS - I almost deleted this thread for being a pic request, and see... you didn't need to see a pic at all :D

JeepFreak21 said:
Your front driveshaft should bolt right up to the PORC (www.PerformanceOffRoadCenter.com) SYE. No need for the Spicer part.
HTH,
Billy

PS - I almost deleted this thread for being a pic request, and see... you didn't need to see a pic at all :D

I have a 93 XJ with an AW4 and I've been eyeing that SYE kit for a while now but I always wondered if it'd work with a front DS...

Can anyone confirm it will work?

000_0021.jpg

lilkuff said:
dose that spicer flange fit the 242 as well?

242 and 231 use the same Hack and Tap, so yes........the spicer flange will work with the 242.

This question may sound stupid but I searched and read this whole thead but didnt understand. I need that flange for my rear driveshaft, befor I lifted the jeep it had the same style SYE can someone clarify what kinda SYE that is in HaleYes's post. Any help will hopefully get my rig moving again, Thanks!

SketchyXJ said:
This question may sound stupid but I searched and read this whole thead but didnt understand. I need that flange for my rear driveshaft, befor I lifted the jeep it had the same style SYE can someone clarify what kinda SYE that is in HaleYes's post. Any help will hopefully get my rig moving again, Thanks!

The shiney piece is the RE Hack and Tap.
The flange attached to the Hack and Tap is 211229x.

HTH

Hale

Back