• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some questions arise while running hood-less...

RaccoonJoe

NAXJA Forum User
Rig is an 89 XJ Limited, 4.0/AW4/242. Pretty much bone stock.

I was working on installing some LeBaron hood vents, and had a small argument with my grinder. All is well, I still have all my fingers, and most of my blood left (the rest of it is soaked into my driveway by now.....) Because of this, I'm running hoodless for the next couple of days. I noticed today that my idle seems to have come back up to "normal" RPMs.

Previously, (with hood on), I noticed that the Jeep would idle around 300-500 RPM. It would sit on the first mark above 0 on my tach, and idle there all day long. Today, I couldn't get it to drop below 750, where it's supposed to be. Any ideas??

I also noticed today that my aux fan isn't turning on when the A/C is turned on. Where is that switch/relay located??

750 is about right

750 is right....but seems waaayy too fast...since i'm used to the extremely low idle. I guess my question was more along the lines of what is getting heat-soaked and causing my idle to drop??

Or the fact your getting a lot more air flow...

ZacSquatch said:
Or the fact your getting a lot more air flow...

Um, how would he get more airflow? Hood or no hood, all the air comes in through the stock airbox.

Back