• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pullen tranny

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys ill be pulling the tranny soon to put a new clutch slave cylinder in. Do you guys have any tips that will make the project go any easier? I will alsobe doing a new rear main sence the jeep has 201,000 miles. All coments welcome

Tranny jack makes it a lot easier.

Getting the upper transfer case nuts is easier if you have a 9/16" stubby wrench, or a 9/16" crowfoot wrench.

Lowering the tail end of the transmission will make it easier to reach the upper bellhousing bolts - which probably require an E12 socket, if they haven't been replaced yet (External Torx.) They are threaded 3/8"-16 - so you can match the length of the thing and replace them with hex heads so you don't have to dork around with the things later.

5-90

got my wisdom teeth pulled 2 days ago so hopen 2maro i can start worken on it. thanks for the info.

Remember to disconnect your transfer case linkage. If you bend it, you can cause problems shifting into 4wd, and sometimes it'll pop out of 4wd when you really don't want it to.

Back