• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C blows hot air

ASJackman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ with the 4.0L. On Wednesday the a/c worked like a charm. When I started it on Thursday, it only blows air. I searched the threads and couldn't find anything besides squeeking condensors, mines not squeeking. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks.

Low on freon. I'd be willing to bet the compressor isn't kicking on anymore either? A 94 should have the R134-a freon in it if i'm not mistaken, but you need to verify this as I believe this was right around the change over year. Have a look around the compressor and you'll see where it's written either R-134a or R-12.

I got the A/C recharge kit and hooked it up to the low pressure hose per instructions. Then the stuff started coming out of the high pressure and now air isn't being blown out of the vents with the force it had beforehand. What is happening? The heat index is abut 113 here today, I'm a little hot.

Are you sure you're putting the right kind of freon in there? Have you had it serviced recently (if you have, maybe they put to much in?)

Yeah I know how you feel about the heat...I just got back from a weak at Topsail and it was pretty darn hot driving back today...

Back