• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear side glass replacement

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
How much trouble is it to replace the rear side glass? Came home today and my wifes was broke. I'm sure I can go pull one for cheap but how how do I get it out and back in without breaking it. I really don't want to pay a shop to replace it.

i just use a small flathead screw driver and pull up on the rubber seal gently then to put it back in i put the seal on the glass and push the rubber onto the metal lip might four hands if you have never done it

If you want to drive to Toledo, Ohio, I'll give you tinted glass for both. I pulled mine and put in removable plexi.

Or just push out from the inside beginning at the lower rearmost corner while someone supports the glass from the outside.

To install, get some 1/4" cord and insert it all the way around the lengths of the window weatherstripping, beginning and ending in one corner. Have the outside person insert that one corner into the body. Meanwhile, you're inside pulling the cord which seats the weatherstripping.

It might take a couple of tries, but it's really easy once you see how it's supposed to work.

Back