• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS vs. OME

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to decide which kit to go with. I want 3" of lift to fit 31's and from what I can tell the BDS kit seems a little more complete than the OME. On the other hand, I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about OME and most recommend the kits. I dont know if I was talking to someone who didn't know anything about XJ lift kits, but I was talking to a dealer who was saying that OME kits ride pretty harsh, and for the money he thought the BDS kit was better.

OME - $1018 to my door
BDS - $1240 to my door (I'm in BC and everything is more expensive in Canada!!!)

Kind of want to hear what BDS kit owners have to say. My XJ is a 98.

Brad Klammer said:
Trying to decide which kit to go with. I want 3" of lift to fit 31's and from what I can tell the BDS kit seems a little more complete than the OME. On the other hand, I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about OME and most recommend the kits. I dont know if I was talking to someone who didn't know anything about XJ lift kits, but I was talking to a dealer who was saying that OME kits ride pretty harsh, and for the money he thought the BDS kit was better.

OME - $1018 to my door
BDS - $1240 to my door (I'm in BC and everything is more expensive in Canada!!!)

Kind of want to hear what BDS kit owners have to say. My XJ is a 98.

I don't have any experience with either lift, but do a quick search for ome and you will probably find a lot of threads praising the lift. I don't think the guy knew what he was talking about or was confused.

I've been running a Rusty's all spring lift for 4 years. It has not sagged and rides good. Gave me 3.5 in the rear and 3 in the front. My neighbor has the OME and loves it except it has sagged some in the year it has been on his XJ. For the money I like my Rusty's, they are about $400 plus shipping. At three inches You don't need a SYE or control arms.

pokeyxj said:
I've been running a Rusty's all spring lift for 4 years. It has not sagged and rides good. Gave me 3.5 in the rear and 3 in the front. My neighbor has the OME and loves it except it has sagged some in the year it has been on his XJ. For the money I like my Rusty's, they are about $400 plus shipping. At three inches You don't need a SYE or control arms.

It is not a definite that he won't need a sye... it is possible especially if it is an 8.25

pokeyxj said:

So the quality of the Rusty's kit is pretty good? I've thought about going this less expensive avenue but always thought that paying $400 more for OME or BDS seems worth it in the long run. Wouldn't have thought that the OME kit would have sag after 1 year though....was your neighbor towing alot?

RE 3.5"

I have the BDS 3" it on my 01 XJ. I love it, rides well and flexes pretty good. Cant beat there lifetime spring warranty. I have there shocks and steering stabilzer as well as there Tracbar. No Sye either. After 2 years it is at 4" front and rear with a 3/4" spacer on the front. I'm hoping to do there 4.5 or there new long arm kit next.

Back